The Black Smith Lounge
What About Food?
Upon arrival, guests receive a welcome cheese platter with Australian organic sparkling wine (for guests that book directly with our website).
Rates are inclusive of breakfast. Each day you will be given a breakfast hamper (including bacon, organic sausages, eggs and other goodies) to cook at your leisure for a wonderful cooked breakfast at your tent.
The Hamper includes :
Gluten free muesli
Seasonal organic spinach
Local sourdough or gluten free bread
Vegan/vegetarian and gluten free options available on request
Starry Nights food philosophy uses locally sourced, organic where possible and high-quality seasonal ingredients. Starry Nights produces much of their own food sourced from all over the property and their own food gardens. The food that is grown directly on Starry Nights property includes:
- Eggs from free range chickens
- Spinach, tomatoes and a herb garden
- Citrus trees including lemonades, lemons, mandarins, grapefruit, limes and lots of orange trees
- Various nut trees including macadamia, chestnuts and bunya nuts
- Peaches, mulberries, jack fruit, custard apples, bananas, paw-paw trees, passionfruit, cumquat, mango trees, avocado trees and lychee trees
- Produce is sourced from all over the property from various nut producing trees and Starry Nights kitchen garden, the Sunshine Coast Hinterland farmers markets and wild harvested bush tucker plants (such as bunya pine nuts, wild chilies, Lomandra grasses and lemon myrtle).
If not from our food gardens they source any other produce and ingredients locally; this local sourcing of food is also in line with their “touch the earth lightly” philosophy…the least miles as possible from paddock to plate. They also source food from:
- Rawganix farm for organic meats and olive oil
- Kawana farmers market
- Kunara Organic Market Place
Starry Night’s personalised approach also means it’s easy to accommodate vegetarian, vegan and those with food allergies that are gluten free or dairy free.
Your tent kitchen and pantry
Our Guest Lounge
In the warmer months the main doors open for outdoor dining, with floor to ceiling windows to see the colorful birdlife and wood fired oven meals.
In winter a roaring fire in the guest lounge is the perfect place to relax after dinner watching the changing light of the bush as the sun disappears for the evening with a nightcap, perhaps swap a few travelling tales with other guests, or enjoy a game of cards.
Guests are welcome to help themselves to tea or coffee or have an espresso style coffee.
A robust beverage program features organic wines, beers, fruit juice, kombucha and tea or coffee which are thoughtfully sourced throughout Australia.